Hey everyone, today I am sharing with you how to get rid of cold fast home remedies. Cold is quite a very common disease for almost all the people living in this world. Almost all of us suffers from this at least once in our lifetime. There can be many reasons for cold such as viral infection in nose and throat, pollution and dirt, unhealthy food and climatic changes etc. Younger kids suffer from this disease more. Cold cures with time even if you will take medicines.
Symptoms to recognize cold in advance-: As such cold is not a harmful disease but it takes a lot of energy to tolerate that annoying situation. You might have heard that Prevention is better than cure. According to this phrase if we recognize the cold in advance and treat at its initial stage it will result in less suffering. We should know in advance some of the best home remedies for cold and cough. Here are symptoms to recognize cold in advance-:
- Feeling of Inflammation in the nasal passage.
- Sudden sneezing.
- Feeling like a fever.
- Feeling of weakness in the body.
- Congestion in the chest due to a cough.
- Stuffy nose.
- A runny nose.
So if we recognize these symptoms in advance it becomes very easy for us to prevent cold at a very initial stage.
5 Best Remedies How To Get Rid Of Cold fast
We actually have availability of many oral medicines for cold but they can not cure a cold right away. It takes time to recover from cold. Taking oral medicines for so long will cure your cold but may affect your body internally. So using a home remedy to say no to cold is the best medicine with no side effects on your body. Here are some best home remedies which act as a natural cure for cough and cold.
Gargle with salt
Salt gargle is one of the widely used cold remedies to get over cold fast. This is the first thing that every elder suggest in cold. Gargling with salt water helps in removing the layer of mucus from your throat and collected mucus in the nose as well. Salt water also keeps your throat hydrated.
- Take a glass of warm water.
- Add a little amount of salt in it.
- Mix it properly.
- Sip it and gargle for a while.
- Repeat this process for some time.
This is one of the relaxing cold overnight home remedies When we suffer from cold sometimes it becomes difficult for us to breathe properly. This is because of mucus collected in our nose. Taking a steamy bath helps us to get rid of cold naturally, and in reducing pressure on sinus due to collected mucus.
- Let the water become warm for a while.
- Once water becomes warm as per body temperature.
- Take a warm shower.
- Feel warm water on your forehead.
- Take this shower at least twice a day.
You can also use hot compress by dipping towel in warm water and then pressing it on your head.
Sip more fluid
Water is considered as the most important part of our body. You have always heard that drinking water properly on daily basis prevents any disease. Sipping hot fluids while suffering from cold is the most helpful remedy to keep your body hydrated and create a soothing effect in your throat and nose. This is one of the fastest way to get over a cold. Here are some best fluids
- Tea (Lemon\ginger\cardamom\black\tulsi).
- Coffee(Avoid for infants).
- Vegetable soup.
- Fruit juices(should not be cold).
Strictly avoid alcohol in cold and cold-related health issues.
Blow nose remedy
This is one of the simple home remedies which you should use with another home remedy. Blowing your nose prevents mucus to get collected in one place. Also, it will give you some relief from breathing problem for a while.
How to treat cold using this remedy?
- Just take some warm water.
- Apply it on your nose.
- And blow your nose.
- Repeat this process as soon as you feel mucus collected in your nose.
This is an effective home remedy in cold. Honey consists of anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-infection properties. Also, honey makes your immune system stronger than ever. This is scientifically proved that honey is the best home remedy for chest cough due to cold. You can take honey in many ways.
- Honey in tea added with lemon soothe your throat and relieve us from sore throat pain.
- By mixing honey with warm water and sip it off.
- Taking a spoon of honey before sleeping at night boost your immune system.
- Avoid honey in case of infants (up to 1 year old)as they can be very sensitive and may not have the ability to digest enzymes in honey.
I hope you guys will definitely try these remedies once in your lifetime. Be happy be healthy.