Hi, guys, I’m sharing with you guys newborn baby cold home remedies.
As you guys know that infants are very sensitive to germs so it is necessary to take better care of them. As we have so many medicines available in the market to take care of the child but for a newborn baby taking medicine can be harmful because taking medicine may have harmful side effects for the baby especially babies with colds under 3 months.
As much as possible we should treat our baby with home remedies because home remedies are very natural and do not have any side effects for the baby. Newborn baby cold home remedies are very effective in curing a cold in the newborn baby.
Here I’m going to give you guys some tips regarding newborn baby cold home remedies. Home remedies always work with no harmful effects in curing a cold in a newborn baby.
Top 7 newborn baby cold home remedies
Newborn babies have great chances to get infected by the virus of cold and it’s not easy for a newborn baby to tolerate and recover from cold because of the weak immune system. Cold makes breathing difficult for him/her because of blockage in the nose which further cause lack of sleep in the baby. So to make your baby recover from cold fast with no harmful side effects follow these tips.
Infant saline spray
It is one of the safe and easy remedies in newborn baby cold home remedies to make mucus thin in the nasal passage.
- How to make and use the saline spray?
- Take half cup of warm water.
- Add 1 teaspoonful of salt to it.
- Mix it properly and let it become cool.
- Use a dropper to put it in infant’s nose easily.
As you guys might have heard from your parents that mother milk is the best cold medicine for infants under 6 months. You can easily cure a cold in your newborn with the breastfeeding remedy of newborn baby cold home remedies. when a baby suffers from cold and cough putting few drops of breast milk in his or her nostril is the best way to help baby recover. Breast milk also improves the immunity of the child and baby also gets all the necessary nutrients from the breast milk. Here I’m mentioning some benefits of breast milk.
- Breast milk does not cost anything and makes the baby hunger free.
- Baby gets all the necessary nutrients and minerals. Mother milk consists the required mixture of vitamins, proteins, and fat.
- Improves immune system and healing power of the baby.
- It helps in maintaining uterus of mommy to pre-pregnancy size.
- Protects baby from chronic diseases like diabetes, obesity, and malnutrition etc.
- One of the God gifted ways to feed and protect baby from diseases and making healthy is breastfeeding as it is considered as the baby’s first cold medicine.
Sleeping is the best remedy in home remedies for cold in babies. As you know that it’s not easy for a baby to recover any diseases. it takes a lot of energy to recover from infection. As much as the child rests he will recover fast. Taking rest makes healing fast in infants. Get indulge your child in some activities so that he or she can sleep easily by tiredness and let them sleep properly. It is the most relax giving home remedy in newborn baby cold home remedies.
Garlic cloves and mustard oil
This is also one of the best home remedies in newborn baby cold home remedies to cure a cold and cough in an infant.
Now … How to use this remedy to cure a cold and cough in infants?
- Take some cloves of garlic.
- Boil them in mustard oil.
- Apply this mixture to the chest, back, neck, below feet and on palms.
Note-: Before applying this mixture check that it should not be too hot but warm.This remedy helps in giving warmth to the baby. Garlic contains antioxidants which help in preventing bacteria.
A mixture of Tulsi and coconut oil
Tulsi is found in almost every worshiper house in India. They worship Tulsi as a goddess. Tulsi has so many benefits such as antiviral, antibacterial, antibiotic properties which helps to get rid of cold and cough more effectively also it helps in keeping a baby or a person healthy in a very natural way. For healing baby from cold and cough use a mixture of Tulsi and coconut oil to give a warm massage to the baby. It is the most natural home remedy in newborn baby cold home remedies.
How to use the mixture?
- Boil 3 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Add some properly chopped tulsi leaves in coconut oil.
- Use this mixture to give a gentle massage to the baby on his back, neck, chest, under feet and palm etc.
Note-: Mixture must not be too hot but it should be warm and let the baby take proper rest. This mixture helps the baby in curing a cold and cough more effectively with no harmful side effects.
It is a widely used method in newborn baby cold home remedies to cure a cold and cough. Taking steam helps in removing a blockage in the nose. It is a good way to cure blocked nose which further helps baby to take a sleep full of sweet dreams. This is a widely used remedy in home remedies for baby cough.
How to give a light steam to your baby?
- Take the baby in your lap and hold him or her properly.
- Take the steamer near you but maintain a sufficient distance from the baby.
- Give your baby steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- The vaporizer can also be used for this purpose.
Vicks baby rub
For the good health of the baby, it is very necessary for the baby to take a sleep with full of sweet dreams(proper sleep) which get disturbs by cold and cough diseases. while having a cold it becomes very difficult for the baby to sleep properly.In this case, Vicks baby rub is the best remedy for newborn baby cold home remedies to help baby to cure a cough and cold faster.
- Take some Vicks baby rub.
- Massage it gently on the feet of the baby.
- cover them with socks as per the weather.
This remedy helps the baby to breathe with no hurdles and take rest whole night.
Note-: This remedy is recommended for babies above 3 months
So I hope these suggested remedies above will make you understand how to help a baby with a cold to keep him or her protected or healed from cold and cough so that none of his or her night sleep gets disturbed. Have a happy parenthood.