Hi guys Today I’m writing this article to let you guys know how to stop a runny nose instantly.
A runny nose is a very common problem in winters and whenever there is a change in weather. It becomes very annoying for the person who suffers from a runny nose so it will be good if you guys know in advance that how to stop a runny nose instantly.
What causes a runny nose?
When the level of mucus increased in our sinus and the nasal passage it results in a runny nose.
Here are some more runny nose causes-:
- Common cold
- Excess secretion of mucus by sinus.
- Infection from dust.
- Change in weather.
These can be some causes of a runny nose which should be treated on time otherwise it may result in harmful consequences such as chest congestion, pain in the ear, fever, severe headache, irritation, etc.
Top 5 remedies of how to stop a runny nose instantly
As such we have so many medicines available in the market but they may have harmful side effects on our body and most of these medicines can only be taken on the prescription of the doctor. So it is better to know some best home remedies for running nose without any harmful side effects-:
It is one of the best home remedies to get rid of a runny nose fast. As such you can drain your nose to get rid of a runny nose but it is not enough as you need to to do it, again and again. In that Saltwater is the most effortless home remedy and you can easily prepare it at home. Salt water helps in making mucus thin in the nasal passage and in reducing irritation in the nose which ultimately helps in stopping a runny nose.
How to use nasal spray for runny nose?
- Take a fresh water container (at least one glass of water).
- Put more than 1/4 of a teaspoonful of salt in it.
- Mix them properly.
- Take some drops into your both nostrils. You can use a dropper for the same.
- Take breathe in slowly so that this salt water could pass through the nasal passages.
- Now Blow your nose for removing excess mucus secreted by sinus.
- Repeat this process at least twice a day for better results.
- You can use this remedy until you see an improvement in your health.
Almost every person around us suffers from a runny nose and sneezing in winters. It becomes very irritating for the person who suffers. A runny nose causes irritation and inflammation in nasal passages and nostrils which further disturbs the day to day necessary activities of the person so it is necessary to stop a runny nose as soon as possible. Taking warm fluids is a very effective remedy to get rid of a cold. Especially in winters taking warm fluids as much as possible is a very healthy way to overcome a runny nose problem. Warm fluid helps in making mucus thin and reduces inflammation in the nasal passages.
What are the warm fluids which a person can use while suffering from a runny nose problem?
- Tea (Ginger or black tea)
- Chicken soup (for nonvegetarian)
- Vegetable soup
- Warm water
Taking warm fluid as a remedy to stop a runny nose is a healthy and tasty way to stop a runny nose because this medicine fulfills your taste and works as a medicine as well.
Turmeric is a very common ingredient to be used in cooking food. Almost each and every person is familiar with turmeric But only a few know that we can use it as a great medicine in treating various diseases and one of them is a runny nose. Turmeric is a strong herb to get rid of cold faster because it consists of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and
antiviral properties which further helps in stopping a runny nose in an effective way.
How to use it for runny nose treatment?
- Take some linseed oil.
- soak some ground turmeric in it.
- Heat this mixture until it smokes.
- Inhale this smoke with both nostrils simultaneously.
- Repeat this process at least twice a day for better results.
- You can also take a teaspoonful of turmeric with warm water instead of above.
Use of Garlic
Garlic is also an ingredient which is used in cooking food and make it tastier. We have always eaten garlic included as an ingredient in our food without knowing that it has many benefits for our body. Garlic contains antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-infection and antiseptic properties which makes it the best remedy to recover from a runny nose.
Now here we have the procedure to explain how to fix runny nose by using Garlic?
Method 1-: Garlic soup
- Take a cup of water.
- Put three to four sliced garlic in it.
- Boil it till it seems like a soup.
- Filter the soup through a strainer.
- Add some sugar in the filtered soup.
- Drink this soup for at least twice a day.
- Feel the change
Method 2-: Peeled Garlic
- Take a small piece of garlic.
- Peel it and then chew it.
- Repeat this process at least three times daily.
- It will help your body to keep warm.
- Will find a relief from a runny nose.
Note-: Garlic remedy is a low cost or you can say no cost remedy. It is a very effective and a healthy way to stop a runny nose. You can also have Garlic on a daily basis as it is good for your stomach also. But don’t take it as much in summers because it keeps our body warm.
Ginger is also known as “Adrak” in everybody house. It is also an ingredient which is used in cooking food for making it flavored and tasty. It is the main ingredient in some Indian foods. But only a few of us know that it has so many
benefits in getting rid of a runny nose. Ginger consists of antioxidant, antifungal, antiviral and antitoxic properties etc. which further helps in fighting diseases and other health-related issues, especially in winters.
Now how to use it to stop a runny nose?
Method 1-: Sliced ginger
- Take a piece of raw ginger.
- Cut it into slices.
- Sprinkle some salt over it.
- Chew these slices.
- Repeat this process at least twice a day.
- Will cure a runny nose faster.
Method 2-: Ginger soup
- Take a cup of water in a container.
- Add sliced ginger in it.
- Boil it for making tea and put some sugar in it for the taste.
- Filter the tea with a strainer and sip it slowly.
Must Use Humidifier
A pure Humidifier act like a steam vaporizer. The use of a humidifier creates humidity in the surrounding. The humidity helps in keeping the required moistness in the nostril. This further helps in clearing your nose properly without having much pain.
How to use it?
- Check the humidity level first.
- Must change the water on a timely basis.
- Timely cleaning of humidifier is necessary.
- Must use clean water only.
- Keep the humidifier away from children.
Above mentioned tips are very effective in treating a runny nose so must try these tips once.