Hi guys today I’m going to share with you guy how to get rid of mucus in lungs fast. Mucus in the lungs is not a serious issue but it can be serious if it is not treated on time. If it is not treated on time it may result in bronchitis or pneumonia.
- Causes difficulty in breathing.
- Irritation and inflammation.
- Disturbs daily activities.
- Create discomfort
- Loss of sleep for many nights.
- Chest pain.
- Coughing issue in the night
Causes of Mucus in Lungs
- Allergic reaction in chest
- Cold in winters
- Infection from pollution.
- Cystic fibrosis (a disorder in which lungs secrete excess mucus)
As such we have medicines available in the nearby medical store in our locality but those are not suitable for every person because they may have harmful side effects especially on kidneys.
So it is advisable to take these medicines only after taking a prescription from a doctor. Also, people do not find time these days as they are very busy in their working schedule.
Most of the people find time only on weekends i.e. Saturday, Sunday so they feel that their lives are highly dependent on medicines from the medical store which is possible for them only on weekends but that does not mean that they have to suffer for the whole week.
Get Rid of Mucus in Lungs Fast: 5 Natural Home Remedies
Here I’m sharing with you some useful, simple and effective tips regarding how to get rid of mucus in lungs fast…
1. Keep yourself hydrated
This remedy is one of the simplest home remedies which you can easily use to get rid of mucus in your lungs. It will not take your as much efforts because in this process only you have to sip warm liquids. Warm liquids will help you in removing heaviness in your chest by removing the excess mucus.
Fluids which you can take are the following.
- Tea(decaffeinated) (ginger tea, green tea, black tea, etc.)
- Fruit juice without freezing.
- Warm lemon water.
- Chicken soup.
- Vegetable soup.
- Warm water with added honey and lemon.
Note-: Avoid alcohol while suffering from chest heaviness, avoid caffeinated tea or coffee especially for kids, avoid chicken soup and honey in infants as they may not have the capacity to digest some enzymes in the honey.
2. Gargle with salt water
Salt gargle helps in clearing phlegm which is a sticky material behind your throat and also in killing harmful germs. After salt water gargle you will feel a soothing effect in your throat.
Now how to do it?
- Take some warm water in a bowl.
- Put a pinch of salt in it.
- Let them mix well.
- Now take this warm water in your mouth.
- Gargle for 20 to 25 seconds.
- Repeat this process for 4 to 5 minutes.
- let some water enter into your throat while gargling.
- Try this process at least twice a day.
- Will soothe your throat.
Note-: salt is the basic need of our body as it contains iodine which is an important nutrient. It is a natural ingredient so it does not have harmful side effects.
3. Hot steam
Taking a hot shower while suffering from excess mucus in the lungs is very helpful in clearing phlegm in the throat and relaxation in chest congestion. You can also take steam by using Vicks which is a medicine available on almost all medical store.
How to do it?
- Add some Vicks in warm water.
- Keep the container near you.
- Put a towel over your head such that no air come inside.
- Now take a deep breath and exhale.
- After taking steam you will find relaxation in your chest.
- After that, you can also take a sweet nap.
Note-: instead of Vicks you can also use eucalyptus oil. Do not harm yourself by touching the hot water container. Take steam carefully.
4. Hot compress on chest
Using a hot compress on the chest while feeling heaviness in the chest is a relaxing remedy to do. Hot compress helps in losing mucus collected in the chest.
How to do it?
- Take some hot water.
- Soak a towel in it
- After wringing towel uses it as a hot pack.
- Compress your chest and throat with that towel
- Do this process at least for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process at least twice a day
- Will help in soothing your throat and congestion in chest and
- Will reduce throat and chest pain.
Notes: Use this remedy while taking steam for best results.
5. Try to avoid junk food, Eat healthily
Taking junk food is becoming a daily routine for people around the world. In the fondness of junk food, they are not taking care of their health and taking junk food from the unhygienic shops on an almost daily basis as they do not find time to cook food because of busy working schedule.
- Junk food consists of lots of oil which makes the lungs to produce excess mucus
- It consists of harmful spices which are not good for throat and chest already suffering.
- Many times it contains pollution or dust from the environment as the shopkeeper does not care about hygiene.
- While treating chest congestion junk food makes the situation worse than before.
What to eat?
- Take those fruits which contains citrus such as lemon
- Use ginger-: Ginger can be the first choice while treating chest congestion as it is a natural ingredient and has many beneficial properties such as anti-oxidant, anti-inflammation, and anti-viral, etc. it helps in keeping us warm in a natural way but do not take it in as much quantity in summers. we can use it in many ways.
- Through meshing and putting into tea.
- Boiling it into hot water and sipping that water after filtering.
- By eating it after peeling with added honey.
Note-: Not to give honey to infants they may not have that much digestive capacity
Garlic is an ingredient used in cooking food but do you know that we can use garlic for getting rid of excess mucus in the lungs. It consists of beneficial properties such as anti-infection, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammation, etc. which helps in reducing heaviness in the chest
How to use it?
- Take 2 lemon squeeze juice out of them in a cup.
- Get a peeled clove of garlic and crush it over the lemon juice.
- Use some warm water and put above 2 in it.
- Put a pinch of salt and sprinkle black pepper powder over it.
- Now slowly drink that mixture without eating ingredients in it.
- Your chest and throat will be relaxed than before.
- Try this process at least twice in a day
- Avoid as much quantity in summers.
- Get Rid of Cold in 24 Hours (Best Home Remedies)
- How to Drain Your Nose – Get Rid of Sinus Congestion
- How to Get Rid of a Cold Overnight Home Remedies
- Remove the Chest Congestion Overnight Home Remedies
So guys by using these simple tips you can remove mucus from lungs naturally and make yourself cheer up again
So be happy and be healthy. Hope you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also do subscribe to this blog from below Newsletter form, for more helpful best home remedies delivered to your inbox.