Hi guys, today I’m sharing with you some tricks regarding how to stop dry cough. Coughing is not all tolerable disease. It causes pain in the throat which furthers turns into an uncomfortable situation for the person suffering from it. So it is necessary that it should be treated on time to prevent further suffering.
Coughing is not at all funny and it becomes an embarrassing situation for you when you are sitting in public. These day’s no one sits at home because of almost every person busy in some work these days.
Although we have medicines available for treating dry coughing on chemist shops it could be used only after taking a prescription by a physician. Over the counter medicines may have some side effects as it affects our organs like lungs, kidneys, etc. if not taken with proper care. But it does not mean that you have to suffer from dry coughing.
I am suggesting you some effective home remedies to recover yourself from dry coughing as soon as possible.
1. Hydrate Yourself
As we all know that you can make dry thing wet only by watery it same as that the best remedy to treat dry coughing is to keep your throat hydrated. Drink liquids as much as possible. Drinking fluids is also very healthy for our body even if we are not suffering from any disease. There are so many ways to keep yourself hydrated but it is necessary to know what are the liquids which you have to give preference over others.
Liquids which you can drink while suffering from dry coughing are
- Tea-: Ginger tea is the first remedy that every mom suggests while suffering from cold or dry coughing. It has an anti-inflammation property and helps our throat to cure fast of dry coughing. For this tea just you need to add a peeled and mashed ginger piece in your tea while boiling. It will soothe your throat and will make it wet. You can also have green tea, black tea, peppermint tea, and cardamom tea.
Note-: Avoid more caffeinated tea especially for kids.
- Fruit juices-: for hydrating your throat you can drink normal fruit juices which do not contain harmful acids. Juices should not be cool.
- Vegetable soup-: sipping hot vegetable soup helps in making your dry throat comfortable. It is a very healthy way of getting relaxation in dry coughing.
- Chicken soup-: chicken soup is a very effective, healthy and tasty way to get rid of dry coughing. Chicken soup has many beneficial properties such as anti-inflammation, anti-infection and antiviral, etc. which helps in curing fast.it is also helpful in making our immune system stronger than before.
- Coffee-: People who don’t like tea can go for coffee but it should be non-caffeinated as caffeinated can increase the dryness in the throat.
- Warm water-: avoid cold water and have warm or normal water to cure dry throat as soon as possible.
Note-: Avoid alcohol and cold drinks while treating dry coughing otherwise, you may suffer from the worse situation. Avoid chicken soup for kids.
2. Take Enough Steam
Steam is also an effective way to cure dry coughing. Breathing in dry air prevents you to get rid of a dry throat. Steaming helps in humidifying the air around you which further helps in relaxing your throat.
How to take steam?
Taking steam is a very easy process. You can take a steam in various ways such as
- Take a hot water shower. It helps in humidifying the air around you which gives you a sense of relaxation in dryness in your throat. After taking hot water bath you will also get a good sleep. Try this at least twice a day.
- Take some hot water. Put some drops of Vicks in it for better steaming. Now breathe in the vapors coming out of the bowl after covering your head and bowl with a cloth so that no outer air come inside. Repeat this process for at least 10minutes. Try this at least once a day.
3. Raw Honey
Raw honey is a scientifically proved medicine in curing dry coughing. Honey works on dry throat more effectively and faster than other medicines available on the medical store. It has antibacterial, ant infection, and anti-inflammation properties which help in removing excess mucus collected in the throat while suffering from dry coughing.
You might have seen that some people suffer from cold and dry coughing problems more frequently than others, it is because of their weak immune system. Taking one teaspoonful of raw honey before going for sleep in the night makes our immune system strong. Also, it is a natural ingredient so it does not affect your body adversely.
Take one teaspoonful of honey at least twice a day for better results.
Note-: Avoid the use of honey for infants because it contains an enzyme which requires a good digestion capability. For an infant, it may not be possible to digest that. Mother milk is the best remedy for an infant.
4. Gargle with salt water
It is a common home remedy which is almost used by every person while having a dry or sore throat. It is very less time consuming and easy to do. Salt water gargle helps in clearing mucus from the throat and makes it feel relaxed. Salt water gargle also clears up your nasal passages so that you could breathe properly.
- What you need to do is just take a glass of warm water.
- Mix a little salt in it.
- Take some amount of this water in your mouth.
- See above and gargle for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Let some water passes through your throat.
- Salt water will hydrate your throat and will clear up the collected mucus.
- Spit out the remaining water.
- Repeat this process for at least 5 minutes.
- Try this at least twice a day.
5. Stay away from Dust
While suffering from dry coughing avoid dust and pollution. It is better to stay at home as dust in the environment goes through the nasal passages inside your body which further increases the dryness level in coughing. Keep your home or environment clean is the first thing to do in coughing to cure yourself as soon as possible.
Summing it up
Hopefully, now you have some famous best natural remedies to stop the dry coughing instantly at home. All methods above are effective and natural. If you know any other method that you’ve tried when you were suffering this problem then do share with our readers in comments to let them know about your methods too.
So guys by using these simple tips you can get rid of Dry Cough overnight and make yourself cheer up again
So be happy and be healthy. Hope you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also do subscribe to this blog from below Newsletter form, for more helpful best home remedies delivered to your inbox.