Runny Nose is the most common and most irritating problem we face in winter or in cold. The Runny Nose occurs mostly when we eat our favorite food, especially spicy and it won’t let enjoy it 🙁 So, today we’re gonna share with you some best home remedies to stop the Runny Nose instantly.
Runny Nose is a very common problem in winters and whenever there is a change in weather. It becomes very annoying for the person who suffers from the runny nose so it will be good if you guys know in advance that how to stop a runny nose instantly.
What can be the reason for Runny Nose?
When the level of mucus increased in our sinus and nasal passage it results in a runny nose.
Here are some more causes of a runny nose-:
- Common cold
- Excess secretion of mucus by sinus.
- Infection from dust
- Change in weather
These can be some causes of the runny nose which should be treated on time otherwise it may result in harmful consequences such as coughing, pain in the ear, fever, severe headache, irritation, etc.
As such we have so many medicines available in the market but they may have harmful side effects on our body and most of these medicines can only be taken on the prescription of the doctor. So it is better to know some best home remedies which are helpful in stopping runny nose without any harmful side effects-:
It is one of the best and simple home remedy to get rid of a runny nose. You can easily prepare it at home. Salt water helps in making the mucus thin in the nasal passage and in reducing irritation in the nose which ultimately helps in stopping the runny nose
How to use salt water at home?
- Take a fresh water container (at least one glass of water).
- Put more than 1/4 of a teaspoonful of salt in it.
- Mix them properly.
- Take some drops into your both nostrils. You can use a dropper for the same.
- Take breathe in slowly so that this salt water could pass through the nasal passages.
- Now Blow your nose for removing excess mucus secreted by sinus.
- Repeat this process at least twice a day for better results.
- You can use this remedy until you see an improvement in your health.
2. Warm fluid
Almost every person around us suffers from a runny nose in winters. It becomes very irritating for the person who suffers. Runny nose causes irritation and inflammation in nasal passages and nostrils which further disturbs the day to day necessary activities of the person so it is necessary to stop a runny nose as soon as possible. Taking warm fluids is a very effective remedy in treating a runny nose. Especially in winters taking warm fluids as much as possible is a very healthy way to overcome a runny nose problem. Warm fluid helps in making the mucus thin and reduces inflammation in the nasal passages.
What are the warm fluids which a person can use while suffering from a runny nose problem?
- Tea (Ginger or black tea)
- Chicken soup (for non-vegetarians)
- Vegetable soup
- Warm water
Taking warm fluid as a remedy to stop a runny nose is a healthy and tasty way to stop a runny nose because this medicine fulfills your taste and works as a medicine as well.
3. Use turmeric
Turmeric is a very common ingredient to be used in cooking food. Almost each and every person is familiar with turmeric But only a few know that we can use it as a great medicine in treating various diseases and one of them is a runny nose. Turmeric is a strong herb because it consists of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties which further helps in stopping a runny nose in an effective way.
How to use it?
- Take some linseed oil.
- soak some ground turmeric in it.
- Heat this mixture until it smokes
- Inhale this smoke with both nostrils simultaneously.
- Repeat this process at least twice a day for better results.
- You can also take a teaspoonful of turmeric with warm water instead of above.
4. Use of Garlic
Garlic is also an ingredient which is used in cooking food and make it tastier. We have always eaten garlic included as an ingredient in our food without knowing that it has many benefits for our body. Garlic contains antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-infection and antiseptic properties which makes it the best remedy to recover from a runny nose.
Now here we have the procedure to explain how to use garlic to stop a runny nose?
Method 1-: Garlic soup
- Take a cup of water.
- Put three to four sliced garlic in it.
- Boil it till it seems like a soup.
- Filter the soup with a strainer.
- Add some sugar in the filtered soup.
- Drink this soup for at least twice a day
- Feel the change
Method 2-: Peeled Garlic
- Take a small piece of garlic.
- Peel it and then chew it.
- Repeat this process at least three times daily.
- It will help your body to keep warm.
- Will find relief from a runny nose.
NOTE-: Garlic remedy is a low cost or you can say no cost remedy. It is a very effective and healthy way to stop a runny nose. You can also have Garlic on a daily basis as it is good for your stomach also. But don’t take it as much in summers because it keeps our body warm.
Ginger also is known as “Adrak” in everybody house. It is also an ingredient which is used in cooking food for making it flavored and tasty. It is the main ingredient of some Indian foods. But only a few of us know that it has so many benefits in getting rid of a runny nose.
Ginger consists of antioxidant, antifungal, antiviral and antitoxic properties, etc. which further helps in fighting diseases and other health-related issues, especially in winters.
Now how to use it to stop a runny nose?
Method 1-: Sliced ginger
- Take a piece of raw ginger.
- Cut it in slices.
- Sprinkle some salt over it.
- Chew these slices
- Repeat this process at least twice a day
- Will cure a runny nose faster.
Method 2-: Ginger soup
- Take a cup of water in a container.
- Add sliced ginger in it.
- Boil it for making tea and put some sugar in it for the taste.
- Filter the tea with the strainer and sip it slowly.
Summing it up
Hopefully, now you have some famous best natural remedies to stop the Runny Nose instantly at home. All methods above are effective and natural. If you know any other method that you’ve tried when you were suffering this problem then do share with our readers in comments to let them know about your methods too.
So guys by using these simple tips you can get rid of Runny Nose overnight and make yourself cheer up again
So be happy and be healthy. Hope you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also do subscribe to this blog from below Newsletter form, for more helpful best home remedies delivered to your inbox.